Thursday, August 12, 2010

Starting Out

Hello everyone! Bethany here. I thought I should finally start my blog since I've got less than a month until my departure for Japan. Eek!

I'm excited, yet nervous, and a wee bit uncertain of what to expect, but I'm definitely looking forward to all the new adventures awaiting me! Though I'll admit I am dreading the 12 hour flight. Economy class seats aren't exactly known for their comfort... Well, I've done it before so it'll be fine. :)

I've got my Certificate for Eligibility in Japan, my Student Visa, and my plane ticket. All that's left is to pack, prepare for the placement exam upon my arrival, finish some paperwork, and visit as many people as I can before I leave September 8th.

This blog will be where I will post stories about my experiences in Japan, randoms thoughts I'd like to share with everyone, and pretty much whatever I think might be interesting to post. Soon, for those of you who are thinking of stuyding abroad, I will make a post with tips about how to find and apply for scholarships to study abroad, but I'll stop here for today because I've put off studying for long enough hehe. 0.0

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time in Japan and make many great memories! I'm looking forward to reading your blog. 화이팅!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Maybe I'll start a blog idk though lol. I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for blogs--we'll have to compare notes^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra, thank you! If you go to Korea while I'm in Japan, let me know so I can try to meet up with you!

    Haha, nice Crystal. Thank you! I hope we can hang out in Japan this semester! :)

    Leah, we will have to compare notes. It'll be fun! I can't believe how quickly September 8th is coming! 0.0

    ReplyDelete